Sunday, May 3, 2015

Words to Her Mama

I know we're supposed to hear from Sister Barclay tomorrow, but I'm a bit behind on things, so I still thought you'd all love to hear a few things she was able to send my mom this past week and see some pictures! It sounds like Sister Barclay has been pretty sick AND they've had to endure tornado weather (yikes!) so be sure to send prayers her way and as always, she would love to hear from you via "snail mail"! Check the write me tab and send her and Sister Carpenter some L-O-V-E!

Showing her Louisiana State University Pride!

Love that LSU!

"This is Dallin; He helped us fix our car! Dang, he's so tall!"

Sister, Sister!

Email to Mom:

"So guess what? I have been sick for the past couple of days and I just can't get over it! ...I'm feeling a little better today, but I'm still coughing! Dang, being sick on a mission is awful! But on the brightside, me and Sister Carpenter are probably the closest we have ever been; she was so great to take care of me and my sickness! She's so wonderful!

Anywho... I have been learning a lot about testimonies... and it's so cool to hear all different kids of testimonies and what people here in the South believe. Also, it's been fun having different companions with a different set of instructions... It's more powerful to tell truths and what you know and believe rather than a 'thanksimony'. A testimony is probably the most effective tool we have in sharing the gospel! I've seen it so many times where we could be lost in a lesson with no words to say and once we open our mouths and start testifying, that spirit almost illuminates the whole room and it is the most powerful lesson ever! How cool! Even something as simple as a testimony can bring the spirit so strong! It's so awesome to be sitting on the front row watching testimonies grow!

...So I'm gonna freak you out for a second. Hopefully not too bad, but yesterday, we had THREE tornadoes hit! We were in lock-down all morning; it was soooooo scary! It was raining so hard and a bunch of trees fell over. Also, the lightning was crazy! haha Me and Sister Carpenter took cover in the bathroom! It was so scary!

It's been such a crazy transfer! I'm staying at LSU with Sister Carpenter for another transfer! Can you believe I've almost been out for five months now!? Wow! I can't even... time is flying by!

...Louisiana is pretty crazy, but I'm loving it! It's really fun and crazy, but I feel like I'm finally finding my place in this mission! I have made so many friends and experienced the coolest things. I feel so much closer to my Heavenly Father than ever before! A mission is really the hardest thing I've ever done, but at the end of every day, it has all been worth it! I love this gospel so much!"

No comments:

Post a Comment