Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Time Flies

Here is the newest email from Sister Barclay! I missed it yesterday, since she sent one email in the morning and this one came later in the day. 

Be sure to keep those letters coming-- we know she really loves to hear from you all! And be sure to pray for the missionaries who are serving. They are working hard each day to bring the gospel message to everyone. It's not an easy thing to do, but they know what they are teaching is true! Your prayers for them and those they are serving are heard and answered, so keep it up! 

Without further ado... 

Sister Widdison and Sister Barclay

"Hey Y'all!

This has been the fastest week of my life! It's just flying by; I can't believe it's already Monday again! Not a lot happened this week... I got a little sick earlier this week and I think I'm finally just getting over it! It's been pretty cold here, so biking has been a GIANT challenge. The other day I wore a hoodie, tights, bike shorts, gloves, and a coat (still in a dress) just to bike to the church five miles away; it was so cold!!!! We looked like noobs, but we were so toasty warm, we ended taking off layers because we were sweating to death! I thought cedar had bipolar weather! Louisiana can't make up its mind; it's either freezing or hotter than the sun, there is no in between! It's just been raining here allll day! I was soaked! It's gonna be a fun bike day! Hopefully we can get some rides!

We had interviews with President Hansen this last week! They actually went really good! Not a lot of the missionaries here like him too much, because they had a different president here a little while ago that was so opposite from President Hansen, so they are all still adjusting! But I really like him, he has his moments, but during my interview he just listened to me and gave me some really good counsel! I have been struggling a little bit with just opening my mouth and letting the words come out, and he told me that if I just keep working on it, the words will come, and he told me to trust in the Lord and let him help me! And he told me what a great missionary I was, and how bubbly and fun I was and that he was so glad I got sent here! It was really awesome! He loves me! haha!
Also, we had a really cool experience happen to us last week when we were at Dairy Queen. I love that place! But the owner, her name is Miss Susan, and she was asking us all these questions about who we were and what we were doing, and we told her we were missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and she was so sweet. She thanked us for the great service we do and how much she loved that God's children were doing his work. She told us she wasn't a religious person but was just grateful for what we were doing, and she gave us each $20 gift cards to DQ! It was such a fun experience! So we gave her a pass along card with a cute little note thanking her and our numbers! She hasn't called us, but we went to DQ today and she was there and she was so happy to see us!!!!  It was really cool! 

This week has been pretty crazy. We have had a lot of drama going on within our zone, but I've learned that you're not going to get along with everyone, but it's okay, you just gotta learn from it and keep your head up! The whole drama side is a long story, so I'll have to tell y'all when I get home, but it's just been crazy! You really just gotta trust in the Lord and LET IT GO!!!

I love this gospel with all my heart and I know what I am doing is for the Lord and I am only his servant! I know that he will help me in all my efforts to become a better missionary! I gotta give myself credit... I've only been out three months ya know!  Anyway, I hope y'all have a great week!
Love all y'all and each y'all!
Sister Barclay"

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your doing great Collette, you are in our prayers daily! You are doing the Lords work! Continue to be positive!

    ReplyDelete