Tuesday, March 17, 2015

TRANSFERS and one CRAZY week!

Ok, so we got an email from Collette today! It basically says everything... so I'll let her do the talking:

"Hey everyone!!

Hope you're all doing well!! Everything's going really good here! It's been such a crazy crazy week!!! 

So it's transfers...... and..... ME and WIDDISON are getting doubled out of Metairie! Ahhh! I can't even! I feel like I've only been here for 5 minutes!  I have no idea where I will be going next!!! It's so crazy! I really love Metairie and I feel like the work here was just starting to pick up... I called all my people yesterday... and they couldn't believe we were both leaving! I'm going to miss everyone here so much! Every one of the people that I have met so far has definitely changed my life and I am so grateful for the opportunity I got to serve the crazy people of New Orleans! I am so excited to maybe be going to a CAR area though!! I did not want to bike in the summer and I think Heavenly Father knew that!! haha!"

And then she gave us the update on the crazy week:

"Monday (3/9/14):
It was P-day and Sister Widdison and I decided we just wanted to spend the whole day together! Widdison is seriously my best friend. Heavenly Father definitely sent her to me for a reason. I have really loved learning from her, and she has really helped my testimony grow this past transfer! She is so amazing and I love that I can just be real and, best of all, she just lets me be myself and helps me shine! I love her so much and I'm going to miss her with all my heart!! 

So on Monday, we went to Panera Bread! It is the best! I can't even describe how wonderful it is! Just go there! Then we went to Plato's Closet and I got the cutest shirt! Then to finish off the day, we got lost in Old Metairie and it took us two hours to get home! haha it was just peachy, but we finally made it and found a woman we know's house it was crazy! She was so drunk, but we sang church hymns and had a wonderful testimony meeting on her living room floor! Her testimony turned into a prayer to God, but ya know, it was wonderful. It was the first time I really felt the spirit in that house! And to finish off at her house, we sang Frank Sinatra and did the Can-Can in her kitchen! It was a party!  All around that p-day was crazy, but it was such a beautiful day and I'm so glad I was with my best friend! 

Tuesday (3/10/15):
It was district meeting and we had the best time with our elders ever!!!! We all ran out in the pouring Louisiana rain!!! It was so fun! I love this district so much!!!! Then we topped off the day with some IHOP Pancakes! We were at home for the rest of the night because we couldn't bike in the storm!! 

Wednesday (3/11/15):
It was pretty slow, but it was a good day! We went to Kimberley's and found out that Big Rick, her husband, wants to get baptized!!! We were sort of getting that impression that he would be doing it just for us because he LOVES us! But I really do love that family with all my heart! I wish them the very best!! Kimberley truely was our southern momma!!! 

Thursday (3/12/15):
Happy Birthday ERIN!!!!! I love you so much! Don't you even think for one minute that I forgot your B-day! Me and Widdison even sang Happy Birthday to you!!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!!!

So the rest of our day was pretty good! We had inspections and we passed! Our house was so clean!!! It was so great! We have been really trying to keep it clean... There have been four Cockroaches in our house so far and they are the most disgusting thing; I can't even! But Widdison is scared of bugs even more than I am so I was the one to take care of it! It was awful!!!!! I Hate Cockroaches! 

Then we went to Laufenere Park to contact people; it was so fun!!! That is my favorite park! I'm taking all y'all there!

Friday (3/13/15):
Mental Health Day! They are real things; I promise! But Me and Widdison had a 'Catch Up On 12 Week Party'! We were so behind, so we ordered pizza and did 12 Week and it was quite the party! It's always a party with Widdison! But I was so happy. I am getting better at role playing so... wahoooo!!!! 

Saturday (3/14/15):
We had dinner with Kimberley and her family! It was so fun, but we are so sick of the bike ride to her house. It takes us at least 45 minutes to bike to Kenner, where she lives! It's such a long bike ride, but dinner was wonderful and she just talked our ears off, ya know, the usual Louisiana same old, same old! 

Then we traveled over to Harahan to help those elders with an investigator. She is really sweet but she has a lot of big things going on in her life and needs female role models and just really needs good influences to help her move on with some things! So we have been helping with that and it's going pretty good, but she's not really keeping her commitments, so it's hard, but I have faith that she will be okay and come unto Christ! It'll be so great! 

Sunday (3/15/15):
We went to church! It was the best. I am so grateful for the sacrament and getting to just start fresh for the week; it's such a beautiful feeling! During sacrament, ya know, I was just sitting there with like 92 things on my mind... and then over the pulpit I hear, 'And one of the speakers didn't show.. so if we could have Sister Barclay come up and share her testimony with us....' 

Let me tell you, even as a missionary you get nervous! It was like one of those times where you just wish your name wasn't Sister Barclay, ya know?! But I put a big ol' smile on my face and walked up to the pulpit and I just bared my testimony. It was short and simple, but I'm so glad Heavenly Father gave me the courage to get up and share what I know! 

Elder McArthur, an elder in my district, gave the best example of what a testimony is. He said that a testimony is like gumbo.. you can throw whatever you want in it... everyone makes it differently and everything you throw in will taste good and make others happy! A testimony is definitely your own and you need to make it your own! Don't ever be afraid to share your testimony or help others grow from what you know! Remember the Lord is always there backing up every word you say through the spirit! 

Monday (3/16/15):
It was such a crazy day! We did service all morning, then we went and I had red beans and rice for the first time! It was quite the accomplishment! haha Then that night, we got transfer calls and off I go.... I'll keep all y'all posted! 

Tuesday (3/17/15)
That's today! haha It's P-day... and a sad goodbye day! I'm leavin' Metairie.... the place I was 'born' and going off into the world... Ahhh it's crazy! I'm even done training and everything! I'm still a greenie, but it's still good! 

I know that this church is true and I know that wherever I end up, that's where the Lord wants me and I will do my best to make my Heavenly Father proud!

I hope y'all! Have a fantastic week! I'll let ya know my new address as soon as I know! 

Love all y'all and each of y'all!
Sister Barclay"

No comments:

Post a Comment