Monday, December 8, 2014

Making the Change

We received our first letter AND email from Sister Barclay this week! WOOHOO!! Looks like her P-days will be Mondays for now...

ENJOY!


"HEY everyone!!!!!!!!!

How is everyone?! 

Well, I've made it 5 days down! I'm not going to lie, adjusting to mission life is really difficult, but I have learned that the MTC really stands for making the change. I don't think I've ever prayed or read the scriptures as much as I have in the past 5 days. I am truly amazed at how much my testimony has already grown. Wow. 

I love being here though, it took me a few days to really understand my purpose as a missionary; I kinda got a little nervous seeing the more seasoned missionaries, but they really welcomed us all in and truly help us understand our purpose bringing others unto Christ. 

On the first day I was here things were pretty crazy. Such a different schedule than what I was use to, I felt like I had something going on every 2 seconds, and waking up at 6:30am has not been easy. It was really crazy. 

I have the best teachers though. One of them is Sister Smith, she actually served in Baton Rouge so she has been giving us so much advice, I love her. We even taught some investigators here at the MTC the first day, it was amazing! Such a wonderful testimony builder that it really is our job to bring people the knowledge of Jesus Christ that have never heard it before. 

My district is so awesome! There are about 4 elders and us, 4 sisters. Sister McMullin is my companion, she is really cool and we have so much in common; we are like best friends already. The rest of my district is like my family. We all help each other so much, because we are all trying to do the same thing. They are so supportive. 2 of the elders are coming with all four sisters to Louisiana but the other two, Elder Bringhurst and Elder Flukiger, are leaving to go to California. I'm going to miss them. 

Being at the MTC really gives you that "temple feel" as we like to call it. Everyone is so great! I've met so many beautiful people here that truly love the gospel of Jesus Christ. This Sunday was Fast Sunday and it was one of the best Sundays I've had in a really long time. Listening to the testimonies of the zone that is leaving just gave me the strength that I really can do this; it's hard but sooooo worth it. 

I got to go to the temple today and let me just say, oh my goodness do I love the temple. It really was such and amazing opportunity. 

Life here really is a billion times different than being in the "real world". Here at the MTC they teach us not to say guys and girls, but sisters and elders it is sooo different but I always catch myself. haha:)  But its soooo worth it to be learning and growing so much closer to my Heavenly Father.  

I don't have a lot of time but I just want to bear my testimony that I know Heavenly Father is very aware of me. He loves me and I know this is where I need to be. Being here has been truly amazing, I love this gospel with all my heart and I'm so excited to share the gospel.
I love all ya'll and each ya'll.
I would seriously love hearing from all of you, so write me!!!!!!!!!!!! 

~Sister Barclay!"

You heard it! WRITE THIS GIRL! ---->Address is in WRITE ME section

No comments:

Post a Comment