Monday, December 22, 2014

My Mission Life

Hey everybody, it's a Monday so you know what that means...

Missionary Mail! Here is the email we got from Sister Barclay today PLUS some pictures she sent! Enjoy!


"Hey ya'll!!

I'm absolutely loving Louisiana. I'm just outside New Orleans and it's crazy!!!! My companion and I are the only biking sisters in the entire mission!!! Her name is Sister Davis and she is amazing. She's only been out three months and she's already training someone new! 

We have met the most amazing people here, but it's definitely a culture shock... the other day, we called this investigator to see if we could go see her and she was so drunk she couldn't even comprehend the questions we asked her... it was nuts. She was going off on us and I guess she told my companion how bad of a missionary she was and that she didn't like her... it was so sad :(

We also have gotten super bad rained on and people are the worst most craziest drivers on the planet here... holy moly! The food is amazing and the ward here is wonderful. They really take care of us! Like, I might have to get some bigger dresses just cause of the food here! No one lets the missionaries go hungry! haha

I'm so excited to be here and just help people come unto Christ :) I have the best job in the world :)

I don't have a lot of time but I love all of ya'll and I know that this church is true and that it will lead to happiness. I know that the temple is so important and we need to always strive to be there! I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and is looking out for me each step of the way. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet on the earth today to guide and direct this church. I  know that my Savior died for me and the atonement is very real!

Love all ya'll and each ya'll!
Sister Barclay"

Sister Barclay and Sister McMullin at the MTC

Hanging out at the MTC 

 Sister Barclay with her MTC district: her "MTC family"

Sister Barclay found Sister Jessica Brown, a fellow Cedarian, in the MTC! 

Elder Ralph and Elder Jones ("Best bros in the MTC")

With the Mission President in Louisiana

Sister Barclay and her new companion, Sister Davis, in Louisiana

New friends in Louisiana

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh she's the cutest. i don't doubt that anyone she comes in contact with won't be able to feel the spirit. she's going to be one awesome missionary, and is only going to make this earthly life better for others.

    ReplyDelete