Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Welcome to Louisiana!

Today my dad forwarded on this email they got from Collette's misison:

"This is just a quick note to tell you that your daughter arrived safely in Louisiana on Tuesday.

Her mailing address will be:

Sister Collette Barclay
2300 Edenborn Ave #2-136 
Metairie, LA 70001

She will get letters much faster if you mail them to this address (her apartment) rather than the mission office."

So, you guys, she has arrived in Louisiana! Safe and sound!

I also got a letter from her in the mail today and thought I'd share just a few things she said:

"It has been such a wonderful experience here. I have really gained a testimony for myself that this is true and I'm so excited to be in Louisiana for Christmas, a little nervous but more excited! If I can just bring one person to come unto Christ, ahh, it'd be so great!

I've learned that you never stop learning in the gospel; there's always more.... 


I leave Tuesday at 3:30am. SO EARLY!!! I'm going to die. I'm really sad because my district is like my family and we leave two elders (my bros!) behind to go to California. It's really sad and not to mention, I won't be Sister McMullin's companion anymore. Hopefully my new companion is as wonderful as she is.


Well, what can I say but I love being a missionary; having the spirit so strong with me all the time. I know that my Redeemer lives. I know that Joseph Smith restored the gospel on the Earth and translated the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. I know that he loves me an unconditional amount. I know that this is where I need to be and I'm so excited for this opportunity!"


Gosh, I love that girl! I have been checking the mail only everyday for a letter from her and I WAS SO EXCITED TO GET ONE FINALLY!!

Feel free to write her!! Her address is above in bold BUT it will also be posted in her "Write Me" section on the navigation bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment